Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Guruvaar Prarthna

Guruvaar Prarthna

 

 

Our Beloved Sadguru Sainath, please accept our humble prayers on this Holy day of Guruvaar. Baba, are you listening our hearts cry 'why only to me', not one or two, but a lot on me, where are you all these times of our turmoil, is it happening with Your approval, our hearts are crumbling day by day in one way or other, we have no words to talk with you, so we surrender our silence to Your Lotus Feet as our prayer. On this holy day we continue our prayers by reading Your divine words in Shri Sai Samartha Satcharita.

 

 

 

In this way, I told him the whole story. Baba also listened to it attentively and then said to me: "Always keep it in mind".

 

And also asked me very enthusiastically: "How sweet is this story which I have just heard! Did it impress you? Did you understand its real purpose?"

 

 "Baba by listening to this story, I have regained my peace of mind. My own hankering has disappeared and I have understood the right path".

 

Upon which Baba said: "My ways are different. If you have imbibed the lesson of this one story, it will be beneficial to you.

 

True knowledge of the Atman is to be desired the most and Dhyana is essential for this. During Dhyana one merges with the Atman which leads to quietening of desire.

 

Detach your mind from the object of the senses and concentrate on that All-pervading Power. Your meditation will be successful and you will achieve the goal.

 

Meditate always on my formless nature which is Knowledge Incarnate, Consciousness and Bliss.

 

If you cannot visualize that, then follow the physical image of mine. Bring my image from head to foot, in front of your mind's eye, day and night.

 

When you will thus concentrate on me, the functions of your mind will unite and the distinction between the meditator, the act of meditation and the object meditated upon will vanish.

 

Once this trinity disappears, the person doing the dhyana will reach that Supreme Energy – this is the goal of dhyana. You will then be one with Brahman.

 

The female tortoise is on one bank of the river. Her young ones are on the other bank. They get neither milk nor warmth – only her glances give nourishment to them.

 

The young ones always think only of their mother. They don't need to do anything else. They don't need milk nor do they need food. The mother beholding them attentively is their only nourishment.

 

This caring through just looking by the mother tortoise is actually like the showering of nectar. The young ones get happiness and they flourish. Similar is the case of the Guru and the disciple".

 

As these words of Sai were uttered, the loud singing of the arati ended; and all shouted "Sree Satchitanand Sadguru Jai - Jaikar".

 

 

I bow down to Sree Ganesh

I bow down to Sree Saraswati

I bow down to the Guru

I bow down to the Family Deity

I bow down to Sree Sita-Ramachandra

I bow down to Sree Sadguru Sainath.

 

 

 

-(from Shri Sai Samartha Satchrita, Chapter  19, Ovi 101 - 114)

                                         http://babaprayers.blogspot.in/