Friday, November 1, 2013

Deepavali Message !!!


Deepavali Message !!!

 

"Tamaso ma jyotir gamaya"

 

"Out of darkness lead me into light," is a prayer offered by millions all over the world.

 

All around us today there is darkness – the darkness of selfishness, hatred and greed.

 

The human birth is an opportunity to behold the Light of the Light of lights, the ever living light which keeps on burning in the cave of the heart. Not all the hurricanes and tornadoes of the world can extinguish the Light.

 

I close my eyes, I see darkness. I sit in silence. I sink deeper and deeper in the silence of the soul. I pause for a few minutes, several times a day, to contact the diveine center within. I behold a patch of white light in my forehead. The patch grows into a full orbit of light which illuminates the plexus of a thousand petals and my entire being is filled with light. And I sing the Deepavali song:

 

Wherever I turn

I behold Thee

And Thee alone!

 

This it is to celebrate the Deepavali. It comes to remind us that I and my neighbor are not apart from each other. We are parts of the One Whole.