Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Guruvaar Prarthna

Guruvaar Prarthna


Our Beloved Sadguru Sainath, please accept our humble prayers on this Holy day of Guruvaar. Baba, what a great world this is!!! You are with us and guiding us in our life. You are showing right path in this wrong world, yet a small ray in our mind tries to jump out to the attractions of ills and malicious things. Make our eyes not to see sideways but straight to Your Lotus Feet. Let our accumulated sin not to increase, but to dissolve in Your stream of grace to us. On this holy day we start our prayers by reading Your divine words in Shri Sai Samartha Satcharita.


"Before the mind, the intellect and other senses enjoy their objects, remember me first so that they become an offering to me, slowly. 

The senses can never remain without their objects; but if these objects are first offered to the Guru, the attachment for them will naturally vanish. 

If you desire anything, desire me only! If you are angry vent your anger on me only! Offer me your pride and obstinacy. Be devoted only to me. 

Whenever desire, anger, pride arise strongly make me the object towards which to direct them. 

In this way, one by one, the Lord will help you in eradicating all the 'Vrittis'. The Lord (Govinda) will certainly calm the strong waves of these three venomous qualities. 

In fact, this disturbed mental state would be absorbed in my form or would become one with me. A state of peace will be yours at my feet". 

If you practise this, desires will become weak, on their own, and with the passage of time will be destroyed from their very roots. The mind will be free from all such tendencies. 

Knowing and believing that the Guru is close by, such a person would never be disturbed by such tendencies.

Once such a good habit takes firm root, the bondage of the world will loosen. The Guru's form will be seen in every desirable object. Thus desire itself becomes the form of the Guru. 

If there is the slightest desire for the enjoyment of the objects, and you think that Baba is close by, the question whether the object is fit to be enjoyed or not will at once arise. 

The object that is not fit to be enjoyed will be easily shunned. In this way, the devotee's vicious addictions will disappear and an aversion towards the undesirable will develop. 

He will be ready to obey the rules for the control of the senses, as mainly stated in the Vedas. Then, the enjoyment of the objects will be as per the rules and there will be no indiscriminate indulgence. 

When such a habit is developed, the thoughts about enjoyment of the sense objects are weakened. The desire for the worship of the Guru arises and pure knowledge will sprout.

 

When pure knowledge grows, the bondage of body-consciousness will break and the intellect will be merged in spirit consciousness, leading to infinite bliss.

I bow down to Sree Ganesh

I bow down to Sree Saraswati

I bow down to the Guru

I bow down to the Family Deity

I bow down to Sree Sita-Ramachandra

I bow down to Sree Sadguru Sainath.


 

-(from Shri Sai Samartha Satchrita, Chapter  24, Ovi 46 - 59)

http://babaprayers.blogspot.in/