Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Guruvaar Prarthna

Guruvaar Prarthna

 


Our Beloved Sadguru Sainath, please accept our humble prayers on this Holy Day of Guruvaar. Baba, always people set their goal to aim high and sky is the limit. But for us, Baba, reaching your Lotus Feet is our aim, staying in your heart is our limit. What else we need, under your shelter, we continue our days as you wish. We don't bother whatever comes on our way, whatever happens in our life. We continue our prayer every now and then, without an end. Baba, on this holy day we start our prayers by reading your divine words in Shri Sai Samartha Satcharita.


 

Once, after the noon Arati, when the people started returning home, Baba spoke sweet words from his lips. Hear them.

 

"Wherever you are, and whatever you may be doing, always bear it in mind that I shall continue to be informed of the minutest details of your deeds.

 

In this manner, as I am described, I dwell in the minds of all. I am in the hearts of all, all pervading. I am the Lord of all.

 

I fill the entire creation, within and without, to the point of overflowing. This universe is directed by God and I am the one who holds the reins.

 

I am the Mother of all beings. I am the equilibrium of the three gunas. I promote the activities of the senses. I am the Creator, the Preserver and the Destroyer.

 

One who concentrates on ME, for him nothing is difficult. But the moment he forgets ME, Maya will attack him.

 

Whatever is perceived is my image only, whether it be a worm, an ant, a poor wretch or a king ". This immeasurable universe, consisting of mobile and immobile things – these are Baba's own image.

 

What a delightful indication! There is no difference between the sages and God. Without any distinction they take form for the benefit of the universe, consisting of the movable and the immovable.

 

If one wishes to surrender at the feet of the Guru, one should sing the praises of the Guru or recite the life-story of the Guru or listen to the tales about him with devotion.

 

One who is desirous of obtaining knowledge should listen so intently that he becomes one with the preaching, with assimilation. Thus the Supreme Energy will appear before him and the mind will be elevated.

 

Even if one is engrossed in worldly affairs and one chances to hear the tales of a saint, without making the slightest efforts, they will still do good because such is their nature.

 

Then if they are listened to with faith and devotion, how much good can be gained! Oh! Listeners, just think, in your own interest.

 

The devotion to the Guru's feet will develop and the wellbeing will tremendously increase gradually. No other rites or rituals are necessary. The Supreme Good will be attained.

 

Once the mind is disciplined in this way, the longing to listen to the stories will increase. The bonds of sense objects will easily break away and extreme happiness will pervade.

 

Hearing these sweet words of Baba, I resolved not to take up any service any longer but to devote myself entirely to the service of the Guru.

 

 

I bow down to Sree Ganesh

I bow down to Sree Saraswati

I bow down to the Guru

I bow down to the Family Deity

I bow down to Sree Sita-Ramachandra

I bow down to Sree Sadguru Sainath.

 

Sarveshaam Svaastir Bhavatu

Sarveshaam Shaantir Bhavatu

Sarveshaam Poornam Bhavatu

Sarveshaam Mangalam Bhavatu

Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanteeh

 

 

 

-(from Shri Sai Samartha Satchrita, Chapter  3, Ovi 142 - 156)

http://babaprayers.blogspot.in/