Marriage – Facts you need to know - 24
· You need to know the last thing to trust in a marriage is your feelings.
· You might feel like running off to Siberia. Instead you need to listen to her talk about her day.
· You need to know research has shown that happily married couples have five times more positive thoughts than negative thoughts about their spouses. And you can control your thinking.
· You need to know you can learn to fall in love with someone again.
· You need to know your marriage and career will compete for your attention.
· You need to know to get your priorities in order: God. Family. Then work.
· You need to know you could spend less than fifteen minutes a day talking to each other. If that happens, one day you won't recognize each other.
· You need to know that your spouse will play a big role in your success at work.
· You need to know to pay as much attention to your marriage as you do to your career.
· You need to know to not make work your life. Some of the most successful business people in the world are working on their third marriage.
· You need to know to not make anyone feel guilty for going to work.
· You need to know that wives with advanced degrees are at a greater risk for winding up single.
· You need to know your most important business counselor is your spouse. In fact, most CEOs don't make an important decision unless they've talked it over with their husband or wife.
· You need to know you don't have to go drinking with the gang after work. You need to go home.
· You need to know that a budding career will mean long hours. And possibly weekend hours.
· You need to know a working mother actually has seven jobs: she's a wife, a mother, a housekeeper, a chef, a nurse, a chauffeur, and an employee or employer.
· You need to know to call home every day. Especially when you're traveling.
· You need to know to not be jealous of the other women at the office. Suspicions will drive you crazy.
· You need to know you may have to move to advance in your career. And to advance in their career, your spouse may have to stay.
· You need to know it could be you, her, and her laptop in bed at night.
· You need to know if your husband works for you, it won't be easy to fire him.