Marriage – Facts you need to know – 20
· You need to know you can work to forgive someone right after a fight, or you can wait twenty-four hours to sulk about it and get steamed all over again.
· You need to know forgiving someone isn't going to necessarily make that person change. But it will change you.
· You need to know to not take personally your partner's inconsideration.
· You need to know marriage is not always 50/50.
· You need to know that those cute little quirks of his that caused you to fall in love with him may set your teeth on edge five years later.
· You need to know forgiving your partner can lead to lower blood pressure, a lower heart rate, less depression, and more fun on Friday night.
· You need to know forgiveness of your spouse is key to having your own faults forgiven. Look it up.
· You need to know to ask God to help you see the problem through your spouse's eyes.
· You need to know sometimes you're going to have to forgive your spouse even though he hasn't asked for it.
· You need to know forgiveness doesn't excuse the other person's words or behavior. Forgiveness just allows you to move on.
· You need to know you'll sometimes wonder who the lunatic is in your spouse's body. The trick is realizing the woman you married is in there . . . somewhere.
· You need to know forgiveness oftentimes takes work: journaling, prayer, talking to someone, studying the Bible. If it was easy there would be no divorce.
· You need to know it's perfectly OK to tell God that forgiveness isn't in your DNA so you need His help.