This is to inform you that medicines are prescribed (by our doctors) by brand name & not by the generics (Ingredients). Hence we end up paying more money for the same medicine.
Follow these few steps to know more & start saving on your medical bills.
1. Log on to http://www.medguideindia.com/
2. Click on 'Drugs'
3. Click on 'Brand'
4. Type the brand name which you are using (e. g. Metocard XL (50 mg). The site will also help you with drop down menu) & Click on 'Search'
5. Click on 'Generics'. It will display the ingredients of the tablet.
6. Click on 'matched brands'
7. Don't be surprised to see that same drug is available at very low cost also. And that to by other reputed manufacturer. e. g. Metocard XL 50 is for Rs. 62.00 & same drug by Cipla (Mepol) is available ONLY @ Rs. 7.00.
YOU CAN SAVE Rs. 55, THAT IS 880% SAVINGS. AMAZING, BUT IT IS TRUE IN INDIA.