Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Guruvaar Prarthna

Guruvaar Prarthna


 

Our Beloved Sadguru Sainath, please accept our humble prayers on this Holy Day of Guruvaar. Baba, when we wake up, our first sight is Your Pada Darshan. When we retire at night, with heart full of gratitude we look on your glorious face and utter Sai nama japa until sleep. In between all our time is under your scope of control and whatever we face, good or bad, peace or turbulence, pain or pleasure, we don't consider  that is for us, as you advised, we simply witness all those events and pass on by remembering you. Baba, on this holy day we start our prayers by reading your divine words in Shri Sai Samartha Satcharitra.

 

 

After knowing my desire, he gave me his permission to go ahead and said: "Make a good collection of stories, episodes and experiences.

 

It is better that you maintain records. You have my whole hearted support. The writer is a mere instrument. I have to write it Myself.

 

My story I shall write myself. I should fulfill the devotees' wishes myself. Thus I will wipe out your egotism and place it at my feet.

 

one who behaves like this in life, to him I will give complete help; not only for the writing of the story but I shall reside in his home and serve him.

 

When the ego diminishes and finally disappears, then I will dwell in him and I will write with my own hands.

 

The undertaking begun with this conviction or any listening, thinking or writing so done is accomplished by Him, but the writer is only the instrument.

 

Certainly keep the records wherever you may be, either at home or outside. Try to remember them, on and oft. You will have quietude.

 

If you listen to My stories, recite them and meditate upon them, devotion for me will arise and ignorance will be completely destroyed.

 

Whenever there is devotion, full of faith, I am entirely in its power always. Have no doubts about this. Otherwise I am unattainable.

 

If the listeners listen to these stories with faith, then greater faith will be kindled and they will easily experience heavenly bliss and will acquire a state of happiness.

 

The devotees shall get self realisation. The soul will be in tune with Brahman. The inconceivable and the formless will be understood by them and the Life Spirit will manifest.

 

Such is the aim of My stories. What else can one desire? This is also the goal of the Vedas. The devotees will be enriched because of this.

 

Wherever there is the mentality of contentiousness, ignorance and illusion will exist in abundance. There is no purification nor one's own benefit. There are always sceptical and ignoble thoughts.

 

Such a person is not fit for Self-knowledge. False knowledge will overpower him. For him there is nothing in this world and in the next. For ever and everywhere, he is miserable.

 

There is no point in establishing one's own school of thought. And there is no need to refute the thinking of others also. There is no need to debate and prove someone wrong. These are baseless efforts".

 

"There is no need to refute the thinking of others also". That sentence makes me recollect the promise I had given to the listeners earlier.

 

 

I bow down to Sree Ganesh

I bow down to Sree Saraswati

I bow down to the Guru

I bow down to the Family Deity

I bow down to Sree Sita-Ramachandra

I bow down to Sree Sadguru Sainath.

 

Sarveshaam Svaastir Bhavatu

Sarveshaam Shaantir Bhavatu

Sarveshaam Poornam Bhavatu

Sarveshaam Mangalam Bhavatu

Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanteeh

 

 

 

-(from Shri Sai Samartha Satchrita, Chapter  2, Ovi 75 - 90)

http://babaprayers.blogspot.in/