Tuesday, September 29, 2009

REAL VALUE OF DIAMOND


REAL VALUE OF DIAMOND

A wandering ascetic – a truly holy man – reached the outskirts of a village. Weary and aching after his long trek, he sat down to rest under a tree.

A villager came running up to him and demanded, “Give me the stone, the precious stone!”

“Who are you, my friend?” asked the ascetic. “What stone do you seek?”

“Last night, God appeared to me in a dream, “the villager explained to him. “He told me that a sanyasin would meet me on the outskirts of my village, and he would give me a precious stone just for asking and I would be the wealthiest man in the world!”

The man continued in great excitement, “It has happened just as the Lord said it would! Here you are. Please give me the stone!”

The holy man picked up a stone from his side. “Is this the one?” he asked. “You can have it with my blessings.”

The villager gazed at the stone in wonder. It was a diamond – probably the largest in the land!

He took the diamond and went home, saying to himself, “The Lord has kept His promise to me! I shall surely be the wealthiest, happiest man in the world!”

The next morning, he was back before the holy man, and he seemed none the happier for his newfound wealth.

“How are you, my friend?” inquired the holy man. “What brings you here this morning?”

“Swamiji, I could not sleep a wink last night,” confessed the man. “I tossed and turned, and did not have a moment’s peace. I have come to return the diamond to you. Give me your wealth, in its place.”

“My wealth?” said the holy man laughing. “Why, I have none to speak of!”

“Oh yes, you do,” said the villager. “Give me that wealth which made you give away the diamond so easily!”

If you realize the wealth never bring any peace in your life, then you have the way for a happy and peaceful life.