Sunday, October 11, 2015

HOW TO FACE LIFE

HOW TO FACE LIFE

 

The way to live a victorious life, a triumphant life is to walk with God today, and trust Him for the days to come. Let God guide your footsteps. Let God lead you on the path of life. There is a story of two friends, one of whom was poor man and the other was blind man. Both had spiritual inclinations and, every they would meet together in a garden and discuss some matter of spiritual interest. One New Year's day, they took up this topic for discussion: How may we live in the New Year? How may we face life in the New Year?

 

The poor man said, the best way to face life was to face it with hope. He said, everyday, as I wake up in the morning, even before I leave my bed, I look through the window at the heavens above and I remind myself that that is where I truly belong. My true homeland is the heaven-world, the world of riches and unending abundance. This poverty is but a passing phenomenon. It will soon pass away. I shall reach the heaven world and abide there at the Lotus Feet of the Lord, whom I deeply love. This thought, the poor man said, gives me great comfort and strength to face the problems and perplexities of life in the right spirit.

 

Of Alexander the Great, we are told, that one day in a mood of generosity, he started handing out gifts. To one he gave a fortune, to another he gave a title, to a third he gave a province, the a fourth he gave a position of high honour. A friend said to him, "If you do this, you will have given away everything. You will have nothing left for yourself." "Oh yes I have," replied Alexander. "I have kept what is greatest of all. I have kept all my hopes to myself."

 

The beginning of the end of life is when we live in memory, and not in hopes, when our memories are an escape from the prison of life, and we have nothing to hope for; all stimulus to further living is lost.

 

The poor man said that the best way to face life is to face it with hope.  The blind man said that the best way to face life is to face with trust, with trust, with faith in God. Every day, he said, as I leave my house, I keep on tapping the earth with my cane, until I arrive at a crossing. It is a busy thoroughfare. I have to cross over to the other side of the road; I pause there for a while in the faith, in the trust that some gentle, loving, kindly hand will take hold of mine and lead me to the other side. This has happened to me every day. There has not been a single day when this has not happened to me.

 

The best way to face life is to face it with trust. And whom can we trust more than God? He is All-Love and All-Wisdom. He is too loving to punish and too wise to make a mistake. We are not safe until we have handed ourselves over to God. There are two ways in which we can handle a difficult situation. One is, we can worry ourselves to death. The other is, we can trust.

 

There is a man undergoing an operation. Though he had received a sedative injection, he agitated. A kind nurse said to him, "are you feeling a little nervous?'

 

"More than little nervous," he answered.

 

Clasping his hand, the nurse said to him, "But you don't need to be nervous, because very soon we are going to make you better than you were for years."

 

The patient gave a feeble smile.

 

The nurse added, "You know there are two ways to approach an operation. You can worry yourself to death or you can trust us. Our surgical team is the best. You have nothing to fear." Then she winked, pressing his hand and whispered conspiratorially, "Especially since I'll be by your side in the operation theatre to make sure they do everything right."

 

When the patient heard those words, he felt relaxed. Everything went well. The operation was successful. The patient was completely cured. And he learnt the lesson of his life that we can approach a situation in two ways. We can either worry ourselves to death or we can trust. If only we could trust in God as fervently as we worry, then we would never have to worry at all.

 

The best way to face life is to face it with trust. It was only some days ago, that I read a few words. They were inscribed on a tablet. The words have clung to my memory. The words were: "There is no situation, there is no problem which God and I cannot handle together." So let us surrender all our problems to the Lord. Let the Lord take care of all our affairs. If we do so, we will find l=miracles happen in our daily life.

 

Every one of us would wish to live a victorious life, a triumphant life. The way to live a victorious life, a triumphant life is to walk with God today, and trust him for the days to come. Let God guide your footsteps. Let God lead you on the path of life. You have seen a little child walking with his father. With one hand he holds on the hand of the father, and with the other hand, he keeps on doing many things. Let us do likewise! With one hand, let us hold on to the Hand of God. And with the other, let us do our daily work. And we shall never fail.

 

Every day brings with itself joys and sorrows, failures and successes. It is difficult to predict individual fortunes. We do not know what lies one step ahead of us. Therefore, let us step into every new day with the faith, the trust that the Lord will provide where He guides. He will always take care of His child!

 

The poor man said that the best way to face life is to face with hope. The blind man said that the best way to face life was face it with trust. Let us give Him hope and trust. Let us step into every new day with a simple prayer, such as the one which I repeat in my heart again and again.

 

"I love you God! I want to love you more and more. I want to love you more than anything in the world. I want to love you to distraction, to intoxication. Grant me pure love and devotion for Thy Lotus Feet, and so bless me that this world-bewitching maya may not lead me to ashtray!"

 

The way to face life is to face it with hope and faith and love.