Tuesday, June 21, 2011

WHAT'S YOUR HEART IQ?

For a happy, successful life, some say it's feeling rather than thinking that counts.....

 

How emotionally intelligent are you?

 

Note : Please have writing materials with you to jot down your score.

 

1) Do you get mood swings?

 

a) yes, frequently

b) a bit

c) not really

 

2) Are you aware of your emotions?

 

a) yes, all the time

b) no, I don't think about them much.

c) only sometimes

 

3) Do you feel confident of the course your life's taking?

 

a) not really

b) yes, the whole time

c) sometimes

 

4) Do you rely on intuition?

 

a) no, I think things through.

b) yes, constantly

c) I'm quite balanced between thinking and feeling.

 

5) Are you confident of the impression you make?

 

a) usually

b) yes, I never have to worry

c) no, I'm often unsure

 

6) Is making friends easy?

 

a) often

b) rarely

c) sometimes

 

7) Do you have a gut feeling about people you meet?

a) no, I prefer to get to know someone before judging

b) yes

c) not always

 

8) Do you understand people at an emotional level?

 

a) sometimes

b) always

c) not really

 

9) Is what you own more important than who you are?

 

a) yes

b) no

c) I think both are important

 

10) Do animals befriend you?

 

a) no, they seem to dislike me

b) sometimes

c) yes, animals take to me

 

11) Can anger be a useful emotion in a relationship?

 

a) yes, to get stuff off my chest

b) no, it doesn't solve anything

c) I get angry but feel guilty

 

12) Do you often keep your cool?

 

a) no, I always tend to lose it

b) sometimes, I do let go

c) yes, I don't show emotions

 

YOUR SCORE

 

 

1.

a) 1

b) 2

c) 3

2.

a) 3

b) 1

c)2

3.

a) 1

b) 3

c) 2

4.

a) 1

b) 3

c) 2

5.

a) 2

b) 3

c) 1

6.

a) 3

b) 1

c) 2

7.

a) 1

b) 3

c) 2

8.

a) 2

b) 3

c) 1

9

a) 1

b) 3

c) 2

10.

a) 1

b) 2

c) 3

11.

a) 3

b) 2

c) 1

12.

a) 3

b) 2

c) 1

 

30 - 36 You have a an excellent grasp of your emotions, and that of others. You're respected and a pleasure to deal with. People find you capable of a warmth that draws them to you both as partners and friends.

 

25 - 29 Your response is middle-of-the-range and you are comfortable either in "thinking " or "feeling" mode. Intimacy doesn't come easily, but you have enough emotional warmth to make you attractive to people.

 

12 - 24 You only ever trust your thoughts, not your feelings, and find it difficult to express emotion. Logic gets you through but you can appear cold. Open up or people will miss the warmth you do have.