If you're preparing to ring in the new year with a New Year's resolution, here's a pledge that will help your entire family live a healthier lifestyle.
Be a Good Role Model, Eat Right and Get Active. Parents have more potential to influence their children's behaviour than anyone else!
Here are 5 tips to jump start 2014 in a nutritious, delicious and active way.
- Focus on overall health, not weight alone. Plan meals with your children, from choosing menus and grocery shopping to preparing ingredients, cooking and serving.
- Eat breakfast every day and enjoy family dinners together as often as possible.
- Serve balanced meals. Fill half your plate with fruits and vegetables, focus on lean proteins and choose whole grains.
- And finally, get physical. Take a family walk, go on a cycle ride, or hit the gym. Parents should get at least two and a half hours of exercise a week and children about 60 minutes a day.
Happy New Year!
(Certainly this is not health cause and cure topic)
1. Symptom : Cold and humid feet.
Cause : Glass is being held at incorrect angle. (You are pouring the drink on your feet!)
Cure : Manoeuvre the glass in hand until its mouth faces upward.
2. Symptom : The wall facing you is full of lights.
Cause : You're lying on the floor.
Cure : Re-position your body to a 90-degree angle to the floor.
3. Symptom : Things are looking blurred.
Cause : You're looking through an empty glass.
Cure : Quickly refill your glass!
4. Symptom : The floor is moving.
Cause : You're being dragged away.
Cure : Ask where they're taking you!
5. Symptom : You hear echoes every time someone speaks.
Cause : You have your glass on your ear and trying to drink from it.
Cure : Stop it instantly for your own sake!
6. Symptom : Your family members are looking funny.
Cause : You're in the wrong house.
Cure : Ask if they can point you to your house.
7. Symptom : The room is shaking a lot, everyone is dressed in white and the music is very repetitive.
Cause : You're in an ambulance.
Cure : Don't move. Let the professionals do their job.