Tuesday, October 25, 2011

YOUR LIFE IS IN YOUR HAND

YOUR LIFE IS IN YOUR HAND


A man once dreamt that he went into a beautiful shopping complex and after making a tour and buying some items he finally went to the billing counter.


To his utter astonishment, he finds God standing there! He plucks up courage and asks the Lord," God, What are you selling here?"


God replied: "Whatever is good for you!"


The man started thinking. After a while he said, "God, then give me something that can take away my pain."


God said: "No, I will not do that, for trials, tribulations and pain draw you away from the world and closer to me."   Then the man said: "God, give me happiness!"


God answered, "No. I can bless you, but happiness is up to you."


The man pondered a little and said, "God give me all the things so that I can enjoy life."


"No. I have given you life so that you can enjoy all things," replied the Lord.


At the end the man was exhausted. He thought frantically and came up with a wonderful solution.


He said: "God, now I understand the most essential, the most valuable thing for a human being. And they are the Human Values! Give me Sathya (Truth), Dharma (Right conduct), Shanti (Peace) and Prema (love)."


This time God chuckled, "Son, you have got me wrong! We don't sell fruits here. We sell only seeds. It is up to you to inculcate them. I can only point, but you have to follow."