Thursday, July 3, 2014

Way to get rid of your temptations.

Way to get rid of your temptations.

 

A young man came to Gurudev and confessed, "I can resist anything but temptation!" O saint of God, tell me how I may overcome my weakness?"

 

Gurudev prescribed certain disciples, but the young man returned, a few days later, saying that there was no improvement whatsoever in his condition.

 

"All right," said Gurudev, "Come back early tomorrow morning and spend the day with me."

 

The next day, the Master said to the young man, "Take the books out of this cupboard, dust them thoroughly, and put them back in their place. Continue to do this until noon."

 

The young man followed the instructions and met the Master that afternoon. His clothes were covered with dust, but he looked happy.

 

And Gurudev said to him, "Go and take lunch and, after lunch, you will do the same thing with the books in the other cupboard."

 

The boy obeyed and when it got dark, he returned, exhausted.

 

Gurudev asked him, "Tell me, my child, did you face any temptations today?"

 

"None whatsoever," replied the young man. "I just didn't have the time."

 

"Try to work that way, everyday!" said the Master to him, "and you will be freed from the snare of temptation.