Sunday, November 1, 2009

ATTENTION, DEAR PARENTS


ATTENTION, DEAR PARENTS


A young French criminal was sentenced to hard labour. He received the verdict calmly.



But as he was being led away, he cried out to the crowded courtroom, “I have nothing against judges, for they have sentenced me justly. I have nothing against guards, because they have done their duty. However, I never forgive two persons in the courtroom – my father and my mother! They have failed in their duty to me! They paid no attention to my upbringing. They did not object when, as a child, I spent hours, watching movies, where scenes of violence and crime are shown so vividly that they easily impressed themselves on my imagination. They turned a blind eye to the bad company I kept. And so, here I stand, a convicted criminal. The fault is their’s, but I have to pay for it, by going to prison.”



It was William Penn who said, “Men are generally more careful of the breeding of their horses, and dogs than of their children.”


.